Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 31

The beginning of this week marks the end of my 7th month. I began my Hypnobabies program this week. I feel I'm now trying to get my mind around what I want out of my birth experience. Hypnobabies is a self meditation/awake hypnosis so that childbirth becomes either a pain free experience or minimal pain. Most mothers who use it do not need epidurals; that is my goal. If I find in the middle of it that I'd like one I'm ok with that too but as long as I knew I tried first and did everything I could to prepare myself rather than just expecting to get one.

The mind can be a very powerful thing, it can influence how your body handles situations. In most cultures, the birthing process is viewed as a beautiful, pain-free or minimal pain experience. In our culture, it has become this thing to be feared, something requiring medical assistance. In reality, our bodies have been doing this for centuries, long before we birthed in hospitals. Hypnobabies reminds your subconscious mind of this affirmation and helps re-train the mind that it will be a positive experience. Thus, I have chosen to not engage in hearing stories of others birth experiences unless they are a positive one and I have chosen to stop watching movies and shows that depict birth as a "crisis" situation or a painful experience. I am really looking forward to the birth of Lillian and do think it will be a great and beautiful experience!

According to babycenter.com, here is what is going on with Lillian this week:

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment