Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

Preparing for the arrival of Miss Lillian

Well, only 8 more weeks or less to go! I feel like for the rest of the time being, I'm preparing myself for the labor and delivery process. I've been preparing my mind with Hypnobabies and reading another book called The Baby Whisperer. The Baby Whisperer has been a fantastic book for me and helping me develop the parenting philosophies I want to carry out. The book is very well organized in quick reference categories and includes problems and possible causes for difficulties you may run into. Within each category it is broken up into age groups; although we know babies can not be fit into box like categories at every age group, the groups give a general sense of what could be expected.

One of the first things I plan on trying from the moment we bring Lillian home is setting her up on an E.A.S.Y. routine for feeding. In E.A.S.Y. you feed the baby (E-eat), do a small activity (A) then put them back down to sleep (S). Once you have completed those three activities it is time for yourself (Y). It is not a rigid schedule but rather a routine where baby gets used to being fed, having some kind of activity so that she doesn't associate being awake with just eating before she goes back to sleep. Although the first few weeks on E.A.S.Y. are hit and miss, it helps new parents learn to listen and interpret their babies cries. Obviously if you have just fed her and she is fussy 10 min later, chances are it probably isn't because she is hungry again. Overall, I feel it is a way to help be in tune more with your babies cries by learning their language; crying and body language.

The book also includes a very extensive section on breastfeeding and possible breastfeeding problems and solutions. I've been tabbing my book for quick references as I know I will be going to it many times!

We have also finished getting all the final items we need such as baby wipes, soap, lotion and anything else we can think of! Her room has been ready since a few days after I got back to Korea; I went into a big nesting phase while unpacking :) Her clothes have all been washed and hung, older clothes are being stored and we are just waiting on the Pack N' Play to arrive! It was a big relief to get all the supplies we needed in case she arrives early. If the Pack N' Play doesn't arrive before she does we know we can always put her in our room for the first couple weeks. It is all starting to hit me a lot more, I find I'm very mixed with emotions. I'm very excited to be able to finally hold her after feeling her moving inside me for so long yet anxious of not having things set up, that she'd arrive too early and I don't have all my labor strategies down, anticipating/trying to plan for guests to be here for the delivery... sometimes they all add up at once. I don't find I'm anxious about the delivery part just more of the pre-preparations and not having things in place in case she does arrive early.... obviously she needs to continue to cook for at least another 4 more weeks minimum!

No comments:

Post a Comment