Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 29

This week I traveled back to Korea and had another doctors appointment. We had another ultrasound to continue to measure Lillian's organs and such and she is now head down! I can't believe she moved in just a week. I have been feeling a lot more pressure at my pelvic bone the last few days, usually I have to take a moment when I stand up. It was amazing to see how much room she is really taking up, at the 4-D ultrasound they only focused on her face so I didn't get to see where her legs were. So now, her head is down, her spine runs along the left side of my stomach and almost all the way up to the middle of the top of my stomach. Her legs then curl down by her head. It really helped put into perspective exactly how long she is. We asked how much she weighs and she is now 2.67 lbs. Greg is happy to have us both home and he has been enjoying her movements, talking to her again.

My blood pressure has been a little on the higher side of normal considering my previous readings so we are going through the testing for preeclampsia. I don't think I'll know anything yet but it seems like something my doctor is going to monitor a bit more carefully over the next appointments. I have now moved to 2 week appointments and we will get our delivery room tour on September 11th.

According to babycenter.com, in week 29 baby Lillian will be going through the following changes:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment