Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Week 11


This last week my morning sickness was gone! I only had one day where I felt really icky but it seemed more like a stomach ache than morning sickness. I had some renewed energy this last week too. I personally see a bigger bump but I don't know if you will be able to tell in the picture from last week to this week. I still haven't popped but my mid section is getting thicker. Pregnancy boards call this the chubby phase, where it seems to be more fat than baby. By the end of this week my uterus will be big enough to fill my pelvis and may even rise above my pubic bone (this is the "pop" you see in early pregnancy pictures). So I should start showing more in the next few weeks.

From crown-to-rump length the baby doubles in the next 3 weeks. One interesting fact this week are if it is a girl the ovaries are developing; however, it is still too early to see even on an ultrasound. The baby is looking much more like a human and will completely resemble a human by week 12. Ears are nearly in their final shape (if they were not already), the nasal passages are open, a tongue and palate in the mouth are formed and there are visible nipples.

According to babycenter.com, this is what will be happening in week 11:

How your baby's growing:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is
now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. Her skin is still transparent, allowing many blood vessels to show through.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment