Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 18


I'm a bit late in posting this week but have continued to have cramps so I know the baby is growing. I'm also finally getting a little bigger belly bump by the end of the week; it looks a bit more like it does at the end of the day right after I eat in the morning, maybe a little bit smaller. I was expecting more of a drastic change one morning but I guess since I've been used to seeing a bigger belly at night it didn't seem as much of a change. Some days I feel like a balloon expanding throughout the day like in the picture to the left.


This past week I've been feeling a lot more baby movements and the peanut has enjoyed dancing on my bladder! Greg even felt the peanut for the first time yesterday. He was rubbing my belly and the peanut kicked him! His face was priceless, he was just like a little kid. He moved his hand away quickly and giggled. I can't wait for him to feel the baby more. We read the baby can hear at 19 weeks so we've already started putting the musical bunny on my tummy at night. I swear he moves towards it; I can usually feel around and feel harder spots after we play it. I think the other day I felt him stretched out too! It really put into perspective how big the peanut is and how little room he actually has in my uterus.

According to babycenter.com, here is what has been happening this week:

How your baby's growing:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment