Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Week 16

This week I feel less pregnant than previous weeks. The lower part of my stomach is getting harder and I haven't felt baby movements this week as often as I had previously. It is weird to see your body change, I've only gained a pound since my last appointment but my body looks like I've gained a lot more. I've been craving spicy foods which has been a bit odd as well. Before I met Greg I wanted nothing spicy but with his love of Mexican food my spicy tolerance has increased. However, now that I'm pregnant it is even worse! I've resorted to eating pepperoncinis alone, something I didn't like previously. I've made Mexican food at home and Greg has commented it's been a bit too spicy for him! In week 16, here is what will be happening based on babycenter.com:

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment