Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 17

Can you believe in a week I will be beginning my 5th month already?! This past week I've had a lot of stretching and pulling, the baby is expected to double in size over the next few weeks. I haven't grown since week 15 but by the end of the day, after I've retained water and eaten, people are recognizing I'm pregnant. Last week I had two people ask/comment that we were expecting.

I have had some crazy dreams and am finding it harder to sleep, not because of my belly yet. One of my books was saying pregnant women spend more time in rapid eye movement, REM, stage of sleep and thus remember more of their dreams. Since pregnant women spend more time during the night getting up to use the restroom or getting more comfortable, they spend less time in a deeper sleep. I have definitely found this true! I usually go to bed before Greg and can get good deep sleep until I'm woken up by either him coming to bed or by the kitties, after that I'm in and out of sleep for the rest of the night. Luckily not working everyday lets me nap during the day to make up for the sleep I'm not getting at night.

I have a doctors appointment on Wed however, they will only be doing a blood test and checking for the heartbeat. This blood test is the multiple marker screening that relates to the NT scan we had back in week 12. This test will check for possibilities for Down Syndrome, spina bifida, neural tube defects and chromosomal abnormalities. Again I don't think there will be any problems since we are still young and chances of problems increase with age.

According to babycenter.com, here is what will be going on with the peanut this coming week:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment