Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lillian's recent accomplistments

Often times Lillian's accomplishments tend to fall by the waste-side in a sense because she grows and changes so much that by the time I actually sit down to write a blog entry I have forgotten all the little accomplishments along the way.  I'm going to make it a weekly effort (and a daily effort for my own journaling) to update the blog to share everything she is learning and doing.  We have been staying home more trying to get more used to our routines and schedules we have been putting in place with cleaning and school like activities.  Letters are not a new concept for Lillian and Bingo is not really new either but I slowed down in our game today and made some new discoveries.  Normally I read out each letter but today as I was getting ready to she excitedly blurted it out faster than me.  I decided to ask her what each letter was on her card and I'd ask her which letter was on the card as I flipped over new ones.  To my surprise she new most of them! Even out of order!  We also got to talk about ones that look similar since she'd say W for M and P for B and D (common mistakes due to the similarity of shape especially in the lowercase letters).  I knew she new some of the letters but not nearly as many as she told me.  Today Lillian reminded me to slow down and let her take the lead more before I jump in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment