Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Peanut #2- 16 weeks

We had a doctors appointment yesterday and my uterus is measuring a little ahead at 16 1/2 weeks (not that it really matters, the baby will come when the baby wants to come).  Both Lillian and Greg came with me to the appointment and it was their first time hearing the baby.  Lillian knows there is a baby in my belly (actually she thinks there is a baby in daddy's belly too!) but I'm not sure if she understood why we could hear it. I've been feeling some kicks here and there and finally have my energy back!  I feel like I'm not showing as much this time around and I've been doing well with weight so far, gained nothing yet.  I've been taking weekly photos again first thing in the morning before I have any food or liquid to really show the actual size of the baby bump, not bloat that will accumulate later in the day.  Some days I can stay the same size as I started in the morning, others I have a noticeable bump.  I tried to set up the camera (I even have tape on the ground) to make it so the photos were the exact same each week but the camera has been bumped a few times. Here is an animated clip from 9-16 weeks: 

Photobucket

As a fun comparison, I also put my belly photo from last pregnancy next to this weeks.  The one with the writing is last pregnancy.  

 

At 16 weeks, the peanut is about the size of an avocado, 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment