Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Singing

Lillian has always been very musical.  Recently I got a 3 disk set of children's songs.  We listened to one disk for only 2 days in the car and she already knows the words! or at least tries to sing along ;)  I am just amazed how fast she picks up things lately.  She even knows the Petco sign and the Jamba Juice sign.  Both times on different occasions I hear from the backseat, "yeah animals!" or "yeah moothie!"  She can see the Petco sign out the window when we go to the grocery store.  I have only taken her in the store maybe 3 times if I run down there and we look around before I walk home.  So she insisted on seeing the "aminals" and then connected it to the zoo! Of course it makes sense since we see animals at the zoo too!  Another time we were driving to a different grocery store (the one near Petco we don't go to often but it is our closest one so only to run in if we are missing something) and she saw the Jamba Juice sign; she's only been in THAT location once but we have gotten smoothies elsewhere.  I just love to see her grow and learn and even how she processes new experiences and builds her own schema, it truly is one of the most fascinating things to watch! I think if I was ever going to be an educational researcher I'd want to focus on toddler/preschool age.  Anyway, I've got videos of Lillian trying to sing along to some of her favorite new songs. 

Here is her singing to The Wheels on the Bus:



The Itsy Bitsy Spider (she does the hand motions):




and It's Raining, it's pouring.  I didn't know she knew that one, the other two we do in books but she asked me to play "rain" too.



No comments:

Post a Comment