Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting ready for Baby Charlotte

Photobucket


We have been busy getting ready, especially since we have decided to wait until after the baby arrives to continue our home search.  Their room is set up, all the clothes have been re organized and we even got a new/used car.  I feel a lot better now that things are complete even though it is still early.  I have a hard time bending over these days and she is taking up so much room already that I tend to just feel very nauseous most the time.  

Lillian seems to be understanding more about the baby.  Each morning when she comes in and says good morning to me, she will lift my shirt, lay her head on my belly and say, "Good morning baby Charlotte, wake up!"  The other day as I was preparing breakfast, she pulled up my shirt and pulled down the belly panel of my pants, took her picture she drew off the fridge and said, "show baby Charlotte" then put the picture against my bare belly saying, "look baby".  Lillian helped me put the crib together and we talked about her sharing her room with the baby.  We had bought a musical bear and she decided where in the crib we'd put it.  The day we finished their room she kept turning off the light, would pull the door close and say, "night-night baby" and then turn to me and say "shhhhh".  She is going to be such a great big sister and I'm very glad we have been putting routines/exceptions in place even before the baby comes.  It has helped me understand how she is processing it all and really helps me figure out what areas we need to talk about more.  I think it will make the transition much easier.  I discovered she has named her knit baby Charlotte and she puts her in the crib every night and tells her good night.  

When we went to go buy our used car (we got a 2002 Volkswagon Jetta Station Wagon with only 43k miles!  It was such a steal! but it is a stick so I am learning how to drive it)  we brought both car seats and the big jogging stroller with us to the lot to really make sure the car was big enough for our needs.  Since she remembers using the infant car seat I told her it will now be Charlotte's seat.  She insisted on bringing her baby with us and when we test drove the car she put her baby in the other car seat.  While it was in the back of the truck and we were re installing Lillian's seat in the truck, she would put her knit baby in the infant seat and rock it back and forth singing "Rock A Bye Baby".  It was so cute but I have never shown her how to rock a baby in a bassinet like that.  Turns out she saw it on Garfield!  The other morning she asked to watch it and was very adamant about watching the one with the kid (a little girl who treats Garfield like a baby); sure enough,  she rocks him in a bassinet singing the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment