Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

5 months old!

Lillian just blows me away with how much she is learning! She is now 5 months and I have a feeling she is going to be mobile really soon! The other day when she was standing I noticed she kicked her feet a lot so I thought I'd stand behind her and let her "walk". The video below shows it.... it is all her! I stood behind her for support and put her back on her feet twice otherwise she would kick her feet out and I'd just be there to make sure she didn't fall over.



I have been giving her one bottle a day in order to prepare her for a babysitter whenever we choose to have one and to also make sure she at least gets a large amount of food since we were concerned with her weight gain. (We go in tomorrow to see how much she gained this past month) I've been putting a little rice cereal in that bottle too and this month I'm going to start giving her some thick rice cereal and start introducing solid foods. She has become quite the rolly polly as well. I've had to stop swaddling her since she just rolls over in her bed; we used a swaddling blanket with Velcro and I just didn't feel too comfortable with her arms tied to her sides if she can roll over onto her tummy when she sleeps. She also holds her own bottle, sits up almost unassisted and she reaches for objects if you put something in front of her. Oh and she is teething like CRAZY! I've been giving her ice cubes in a little mesh food thing and she has really enjoyed the cold on her gums. I'd say that's a lot of progress for one month!

This weekend Greg and I are going to take her into the pool and let her explore that a bit... maybe take her to the park and let her ride down the slides :) I'll post pictures of all of those activities once we do them and her 5 month pictures will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment