Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I can't believe Lillian is already 4 weeks old! We have started a routine and she is sleeping in 4 hr stretches throughout the night most nights. We have been following the routine as described in the book The Baby Whisperer by Tracy Hogg. Lillian is still a hard sleeper so I have to wake her up every 3 hrs to eat to make sure she will sleep through the night. She has been breastfeeding with success now; however, we had a rough start. Lillian is more wakeful during the day, often awake for an hour for feeding and some play time and then takes a two hour nap. We repeat the process throughout the day and then she gets two cluster feedings in the evening where she is fed every 2 hours and gets put right back to bed. She gets one final feed between 10 and 11pm but she is asleep for that feed. This helps her sleep throughout the night and she usually only wakes up between 2 and 3am. As her tummy continues to grow she will be able to eat more she will not need the early morning feed. She can grasp very well and she is working on building her neck muscles and raises her head when she is on her tummy.

We had to get a second professional photo for her Korean visa this week. Although we have additional copies of the first photo, the Korean visa takes a different size and we didn't realize that when we took the first ones. This time I held her and it seemed to work much better. Seeing both pictures, I realize how awesome of a shot we got the first time.

This week Greg took care of Lillian one afternoon while I went to a doctors appointment. When I got home, this is what I found:

Seems she wore him out but is wide awake herself!

After another feeding, she was so tired from our outing to take the photo for the visa that she fell asleep propped up on my leg. I only set her there for a second so I could get her blanket ready but by the time I finished she was out!



No comments:

Post a Comment