Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 27

6 months down today! One more week until I begin the 3rd trimester! This last week has been rough for me. School started and although I don't feel like I'm doing that much more than I have been throughout my entire pregnancy, my body thinks otherwise. On Wed. I started having some cramping and braxton hicks but it didn't seem too unusual from what I normally feel; I've had them throughout this entire pregnancy here and there. On Thursday they increased, starting at 11am and then became consistent about 10 min apart. I decided to go get checked just to be safe and by the time I checked into a hospital at 4pm they were about 3-4 min apart. They monitored me for an hr or so, checked me and said I wasn't dilating or effacing so they sent me home. It was definitely scary and a bit ironic because my mom was admitted at 26 weeks for B&H but she was dilating. She had Jessica and me at 28 weeks. Typically they tell you to return if you have 10 or more contractions in an hr but since I already was, they said return if I have 6 or more really painful contractions in an hr or if I start leaking amniotic fluid. They said I can continue my daily activities but I am making sure I take it easier... even before I was sitting most of the day. I felt some more last night while laying down but they weren't as consistent as they were Thursday. I may get them for a couple hrs then they go away. It makes me wonder what it would have been like if I was really working the entire time because I've really been doing bedrest without being told to since I found out I was pregnant. I'd still go do daily activities but nothing very strenuous. They said there should be no problems with me flying back but it will be interesting to see what my doctor says when I return to Korea.

On a more positive note, I have felt a lot more movement and it is different than I have felt before. She seems to have moved further up and I feel a lot more movements towards the top of my uterus now, especially when I rest my arms on the top of my stomach. I have felt more movements like ripples under my skin and more little movements and flutters instead of really big infrequent kicks like I was getting in Korea. My belly still expands throughout the day and by the night my belly button is starting to push out more. I still wonder when it will push out all the way and stay there.

According to babycenter.com, baby Lillian will be going through the following changes this week:

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.



No comments:

Post a Comment